The SPE YP London is pleased to announce a technical day with IHS Markit in London
The event presents an exciting opportunity to become familiar with the fundamentals of modern techniques in rate transient analysis (RTA) and IHS Markit latest advancements in multi phase and multi-well modelling for assessment of reserves and reservoir characterisation through the analysis of flowing rates and pressure; and gain further insights in the application through workflow examples using the IHS Markit software.
Participants will learn how to:
– Critically assess data quality and perform qualitative diagnostics on well production data
– Identify reservoir flow regimes from rate/pressure response
– Theory and usage of the Flow Material Balance (FMB) including both single phase and multiphase options to estimate reserves, OGIP/OOIP and drainage area
– Determine reservoir parameters such as permeability and skin suing typecurve analysis
– Perform production data history matching, using both analytical and hybrid numerical models
– Assess well performance through the use of analytical and hybrid (numerical) models
– Examine the practical aspects of rate transient analysis using examples
– Use of multi-well models to determine interference and infill opportunities
Please note that we are not responsible for your travel arrangements. Attendees must make their own way to the venue. The event will be held at IHS Markit Offices in London, for directions please follow the link.
Please note that spaces are limited so you should aim to register early as ticket registration will be closed up to a week before the event date. Priority will be given to Young Professionals.
09:00 AM – 09:30 AM Registration and Coffee
09:30 AM – 10:00 AM IHS Markit Engineering Introduction
10:00 AM – 12:30 PM Rate Transient Analysis Fundamentals
12:30 PM – 13:30 PM Lunch
13:30 PM – 16:30 PM Rate Transient Analysis Workflow (Software Application)
This event is for SPE members ONLY
When: Thursday 30th May 2019, from 09:00 AM to 16:30 PM
Where: Ropemaker Place, 25 Ropemaker St, London EC2Y 9LY.
How to book a place: Please register here. Only book if you are 100% sure of your attendance. Registration fees is £5 which is refunded only if cancelled one week prior to the event.
For all other inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org