Please join us for our next London SPE Net Zero virtual event on Thursday, 14 October, where we will be discussing the impacts of net-zero targets and evolving carbon pricing on decision-making in our industry as well as revisiting the fundamentals of energy economics and the central role that energy plays in every aspect of societal development.
We have two fantastic speakers lined up who we hope will stimulate lots of questions and discussion.
5.00-5.45pm: Mark Wilkie from GaffneyCline will talk about Carbon Pricing:
- The principles of the key Carbon Pricing mechanisms
- Examples of how these mechanisms have been practically implemented
- Insights on how the industry is considering Carbon Pricing in business and strategic investment planning
- Assessing and ranking impact of Carbon Pricing on oil and gas supply costs
- CCUS project viability and sensitivity to carbon price
Mark Wilkie is Carbon Management Director – Europe, Africa, M. East for GaffneyCline, helping clients understand the wide variety of options available that will ensure continued business success through the energy transition. Mark has close to 20 years of technical and commercial experience leading business strategy and project investments in energy decarbonization. He started his career with BP and his recent roles include Head of Renewable Energy Project Development for Saudi Aramco and Global Renewable Energy Program Manager for Heineken.
5.45-6.30pm: Dr Richard Norris from Pandreco Energy Advisors will talk about the fundamentals of energy economics in relation to the energy transition:
- Greener, Cleaner but not Cheaper and why this matters.
- Why the economy is not about money.
- The role of surplus energy
- Cost, Price, Utility and Value
- Energy Security
Richard hopes to stimulate some debate amongst the audience on these big subjects so participants will be encouraged to unmute and share their thoughts as well as ask any questions they may have! Dr Richard Norris is a Fellow of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute and is Managing Partner at Pandreco Energy Advisors. He is a leading author and speaker on the role of energy in society and economics. He advises public and private bodies on macro strategy as well as on specific energy investments, and he is currently chairman of Duna Energia (Brazil). He holds a BSc in Geology, an MSc in Petroleum Geology and a PhD in Petroleum Engineering. Dr Norris is fluent in French and terrible in Portuguese and Spanish.